Search Unity

Question How to have Editable Track Name (inspector field) ?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Immu, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Immu

Immu

Hello there,
    I've been creating several custom tracks and they work well for the most part.
    But when in inspector, upon selecting the track, I can't see editable track field name.

upload_2023-1-6_11-44-38.png
    upload_2023-1-6_11-45-4.png

Whereas, as you can see, for animation and audio, we do have editable name for the track
    upload_2023-1-6_11-41-55.png

upload_2023-1-6_11-42-30.png

This is a huge problem for me, as I use those track names for various auto-assignments/spawns.
    I've been digging in the API but can't find how those editable fields shows up in these inspectors :(

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. akent99

akent99

3. Immu

Immu

Indeed, in debug mode, we can't see editable text fields.
    But all my inspectors in the screenshots are in normal mode. Hence why I can compare, with the other two (animation and audio tracks) which does have, in their case, editable text field.

@DavidGeoffroy any idea ? :/

4. Yuchen_Chang

Yuchen_Chang

I found out that you have to define the Editor like below by yourself to give the same look as built-in tracks. (The input name field will show up if defined)

Code (CSharp):
    1. [CustomEditor(typeof(MyCustomTrack))]
    2. class MyCustomTrackInspector : TrackAssetInspector { }
    you will have to use asmref to access TrackAssetInspector, because it is an internal class in Timeline package.

A weird thing is that TrackAssetInspector should be the default Editor for all Tracks, but it isn't. (editorForChildClasses is true ↓)
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     [CustomEditor(typeof(TrackAsset), editorForChildClasses = true, isFallback = true)]
    2.     [CanEditMultipleObjects]
    3.     class TrackAssetInspector : Editor
    4.     {
    5.         // implementation...