Search Unity

How to have 2 main cameras in one screen

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by subzer0, Mar 24, 2016.

1. subzer0

subzer0

Hello,

I don't know if I asked the question in the title in the right way, but here is what I am doing.

I want to make a game like the upcoming game for Nintendo Wii U called Star Fox Guard.

This game is a tower defense game, where you have several security cameras which are found around the tower and whenever an enemy approaches, you should switch to the nearest camera and shoot him.

Here is a short gameplay video:

Here is a screenshot of what I achieved till now:

Now what I want to do is that whenever I click one of the number buttons, the middle screen should switch to another camera. And through this middle screen, I want to shoot at the enemies, exactly like in the gameplay footage above.

How can I achieve this ?

Thanks.

2. KelsoMRK

KelsoMRK

Easiest method would be to have your Main Camera be the one in the middle and clicking on the button puts the Main Camera at the same position/rotation as the camera associated with the button you clicked.

3. subzer0

subzer0

@KelsoMRK What I did is that I added a UI Raw Image in the middle and let its Texture be the Render texture of one of the cams.
    Now I think I don't have a problem switching the middle screen when clicking one of the buttons.
    But the problem is that how can I, for example, shoot from within this middle camera ?
    Thanks.

4. KelsoMRK

KelsoMRK

That's why just moving a Main Camera around would be easier :)