Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle subprojects?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by ibyte, Jul 9, 2019.

1. ibyte

ibyte

I am trying to do a cloud build of the VRTK 4 sample Application. The setup advises you to create a new project and then clone VRTK in a directory under Assets.

Git clone with required submodules into the Assets/ directory:

Since this is a submodule it is not pushed to my repository from which I am building from. I tried a build anyway - still going after 1 hour. I think it is stalled but no obvious error messages from the build yet related to VRTK.

Is this supported and if so what have I missed in the setup?

2. Trivium_Dev

Trivium_Dev

I use submodules for libraries with my projects and they work fine through Unity Cloud Build. The submodule has to be included in your repo though (as a submodule) so that UCB will know to pull it. Make sure the submodule is setup to use SSH instead of a username/password (HTTPS) because UCB can't enter your username/password to pull it. Your submodule file should look something like this:

[submodule "Assets/FolderInAssetsForRepo"]
    path = Assets/FolderInAssetsForRepo
    url = git@bitbucket.org:company/repo.git

Since you are pulling from Github I believe the url should be git@github.com/ExtendRealityLtd/VRTK.git.

ibyte likes this.
  3. ibyte

ibyte

Thank you for the reply. I canceled my first build after 2 hours - Will let the next one ride and see what happens.

4. victorw

victorw

Unity Technologies

For HTTPS submodules we can actually support that but only if you are using Oauth (i.e. the Provider tab using Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket).

ibyte likes this.
  5. ibyte

ibyte

My build just failed

10408: An internal Unity Cloud Build error has occurred (Unexpected termination of the channel). The Unity Cloud Build team is addressing this issue, and this build can be restarted if needed.
    10409: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    10410: ERROR: Build step failed with exception
    10411: Build step 'Execute a set of scripts' marked build as failure
    10412: Finished: FAILURE

How do I restart it?

6. victorw

victorw

Unity Technologies

You will have to start a new build and hopefully it will succeed - that error is frustrating because it's just a networking issue which has nothing in particular to do with your build except for bad luck.

ibyte likes this.
  7. ibyte

ibyte

@victorw I have submitted my build twice more and something is cancelling my build. Any suggestions?

8. victorw

victorw

Unity Technologies

9. ibyte

ibyte

Done. Thanks