Search Unity

How to get WebGL Build onto my Web Domain?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by halen117, Aug 30, 2020.

1. halen117

halen117

Hello! I hope you're doing well.

I'm making what some people call an "io game". I own the website [https://www.hoshi.io/](url) and I have just finished building the game in Unity. Only problem is I don't know what steps to take to get the WebGL Build onto my web domain. I know there are third party sites for uploading WebGL builds such as itch.io and simmer.io however both have their pros and cons and I want to know how I can do it manually.

Here is a list of things I have for my game:
    - A Web Domain (Purchased from Namecheap.com)
    - An Awardspace account storing PHP scripts and the SQL database (To store information making the game multiplayer)
    - A SSL Certificate (Purchased from Awardspace.com)
    - The Unity WebGL Build
    - A GitHub account

As of now I'm running the site through Squarespace. I'm unsure what I can do with the WebGL Build nor how I can use GitHub to upload the build to my web domain. I think it's also important to mention on Namecheap I have the A records and CNAME records pointed towards Awardspace in order for players to make accounts and store their game data.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Que

Que

Develop using Github, then deploy your game using Heroku. In this way, you don't have to buy a separate SSL.
    I registered all my domains at https://Moscom.com website, cheaper and better service.

I hope the solution helps.
    Cheers.

3. Chris11a

Chris11a

Utilize Github for game development, and Heroku for game deployment. This eliminates the need for a separate SSL purchase.
    I bought all of my domains from Namecheap, which offered better prices and services. They provide much more, including secret email accounts, domain name transfers, website hosting, etc.