Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question How to get the Unity ID from within the game

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by 8bitgoose, Oct 14, 2022.

1. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

I would like to get the unique GUID from inside my game when entered into the console. This is to update a player's data if something goes wrong.

Is there a function call to get this ID? I know it is in player prefs but the key is the Unity ID and this may get messy.

Thanks!

2. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey there 8bitgoose,

Thanks for reaching out! Could you clarify which ID you're specifically trying to retrieve? The player? The game? something else? Thanks!

3. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

Hi @RandolfKlemola

I am looking for the Player ID, same one that you see when pulling up Player Management. I just want a simple call to ask from CloudSave or Authentication to get the long API key.

I want it so a player can bring up the console and ask for their own ID and have it spit back.

Thanks!

4. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Ah okay, thank you for the clarification! The sample code for the Unity Authentication service contains a snippet that is meant to display a player's PlayerID in the Unity Editor console:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  Debug.Log($"PlayerID: {AuthenticationService.Instance.PlayerId}");
    So the line snippet [AuthenticationService.Instance.PlayerId] will pull up a player's PlayerID.

I believe using this, you'll be able to write it into your game so a player can choose to have it displayed if they'd like!

Best,
    Randy

5. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

Thanks @RandolfKlemola, I don't know how I missed that. I feel like an idiot now!

6. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey, no need for feeling like that! It happens to all of us. I'm happy it's all sorted!

7. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

Figured it out, works like a charm.