Search Unity

Question How to get the Eye tracking data for HoloLens 2 and MRTK?

Discussion in 'AR' started by Albertoca, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Albertoca

Albertoca

Hi, My question is how can I retrieve and store the eye-tracking/eye gaze data (such as the coordinate position of where the user is looking at different timestamps or the heatmap) with HoloLens 2 and MRTK?

I have seen some C# codes for getting the direction and origin of the gaze but I have no idea where to put them or where/how to add them.

Is it possible to retrieve and store such data without doing coding and directly from within Unity and MRTK?

If no, then how can I do that with coding? and where to find the retrieved data?

Appreciate your help.

-Al

2. unity_8R3gaxreN6dMTA

unity_8R3gaxreN6dMTA

In the MRTK you can save eye tracking data to file on the headset using the DemoVisualiser example project. It is easiest to saved to the known folder on the headset e.g. Videos Music or Photos. Other wise you need to use a web browser to access the files via WiFi with the headset.

Assets->MRTK->Examples->Demos->EyeTracking->DemoVisualizer

The script for selecting the folder is BasicInputLogger, Line 42.
    private StorageFolder logRootFolder = KnownFolders.MusicLibrary;
    this will cave a .csv file of the eye tracking data in the Music folder on the headset.

In the Unity Build settings you have to enable access to write to these folders:

File->Build Settings ->Player Settings ->Publishing Settings->Capabilities

Tick the beside the folder you want to user e.g MusicLibrary, VideoLibrary. Also, click the box for GazeInput while your in there.

Take the scripts from the demo and apply them to game objects in your scene that you want to track eye gaze for.

3. Mohamed-Amine-Belyamani

Mohamed-Amine-Belyamani

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing by saving the eye gaze data (what the user is looking at at what time ) as a csv file, but I can't add the script to the gameobjects since it's an abstract class,
    I'm not very familiar with C# as I'm learning along the way, but can you tell how to configure the gameobjects so I can save that data

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    alwan01 likes this.
  4. alwan01

alwan01

I'm doing exactly what you said. I even tried on the demo scenes and checked the Capabilities, but somehow I don't get the csv-File in the MusicLibary. Not only that, but I tried with other Folders, but it didn't changed anything.

Any help or tips :(?

5. prathikp

prathikp

I followed all the steps and enables access but still don't find a .csv file. I also do not get a playback during the examples scene(it just instantly says "playback done!"), so I think it just doesn't even record the data in the first place. Any solutions please?