Search Unity

Question How to get Recorder to use Camera Settings such as FOV

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mgolino3, Mar 20, 2021.

1. mgolino3

mgolino3

I currently am trying to record high quality screenshots from my game using the built in Unity Recorder. The recorder works for capturing both video and images from the main camera of the scene, however it does not seem to recognize the camera settings I configure in the inspector. Regardless of what I set the camera field of view or focal length to, they are never reflected in the screenshot, this makes it difficult to capture those epic cinematic images you really want for promotional material.

Does anybody know how to achieve what I'm looking for? Do I need to use a different tool besides Recorder? Has anybody ever gotten this to work?

2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Hi, I just tested this and it works. I'm in 2019.4 with Recorder 2.5.5.
    I changed the FOV via the Inspector and my GameView updates accordingly. Then the Recorder also captures the proper FOV. I tried the Recorder in TargetCamera (MainCamera) mode and it works fine as well. Please send us more details like a screenshot of your Camera Settings + Recorder Window + version info of the package & Editor.

3. mgolino3

mgolino3

So I just went to reproduce the issue and at first it was the same problem, with 2019.4 and 2.5.5, but I thought maybe I should try just completely removing the Recorder from Unity and then reinstalling the package...and now it works. I don't know what exactly caused the issue, but I wonder if it had to do with updating the Recorder rather than removing and reinstalling it...either way, seems to be working now! Appreciate your response!

unitybru likes this.