Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

how to get polybrush v1.0.1

Discussion in 'World Building' started by jonbro5556, Aug 12, 2019.

1. jonbro5556

jonbro5556

Hey there
    Polybrush version 1.0.0 isn't working for me, it causes a crash when attempting to build

Code (CSharp):
    1. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.polybrush@1.0.0\Runtime\Scripts\Type\AttributeLayout.cs(62,13): error CS0103: The name 'ArrayUtility' does not exist in the current context
    2. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.polybrush@1.0.0\Runtime\Scripts\Type\AttributeLayout.cs(75,13): error CS0103: The name 'ArrayUtility' does not exist in the current context

Downgrading to 1.0.0 - preview 17 fixes that issue, but it looks like there were a bunch of bug fixes between there and 1.0.0

Optimally I would like to upgrade to 1.0.1-preview.2, but changing the version number in the manifest doesn't let me upgrade. Is there a way to grab that version of the package? Maybe from a git repo or something?

thanks very much.

2. basdp

basdp

Same here... Haven't found a solution yet.

3. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Are you building for Android? Sorry, there is a known bug there which is fixed internally and will be out ASAP :)

4. rocket5tim

rocket5tim

I'm getting the same. Building for Windows. Unity 2019.1.0

5. HeroArt110

HeroArt110

i'm having this issue myself

6. HeroArt110

HeroArt110

hi i'm still having this issue with unity 2019.2.2.0 is there any solution for it? cause it seams this line might have something to do with it Library\PackageCache\com.unity.polybrush@1.0.0\Runtime\Scripts\Type\AttributeLayout.cs(75,13): error CS0103: The name 'ArrayUtility' does not exist in the current context

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same issue here....

Using Unity 2018.4.5f1 version.

A bit unhandy workaround is: do what ever you need to do with Polybrush, than before you want to build the project remove the polybrush script component from the gameobject and remove it from package manager. It's kinda ugly, but worked for me at the moment when I need both the trees staying in the position and to build for testing.

8. PVRdemotools2

PVRdemotools2

Any update on this? I have the same issue, thanks.

9. HeroArt110

HeroArt110

I found the fix, Update Polybrush to 1.0.1 or above by going to Package manager > Polybrush >click the drop down menu and select any vr. 1.0.1 or above to update poly brush and fix the compiler error

PVRdemotools2 likes this.