Search Unity

Question how to get playerID from a key and value?

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by AbhiramNagam, Mar 9, 2023.

1. AbhiramNagam

AbhiramNagam

please help!!!

my game in simple and i am designing it for my friends , i added an input field when game loads for the first time and storing their name in cloudsave,., i am planning to store all the details of their status to cloudsave

if i want to see how much progress my friend(example "abc") made, the only way i found is to go through all the playerID and check if it is my friend abc, which is hard.

btw i dont wanna use any autenticator other than anonymous sign-in

is there a way to solve this problem?
    Can i use SQL Data Explorer by anychance?
    Or
    is it possible to manually set playerID rather than taking it default from autenticationServices. if that is possible, i would add their name in the beginning and a random string in the end as a playerID.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  2. Unity_AndyP

Unity_AndyP

Unity Technologies

We currently have some functionality that will allow you to set a player name. This is currently in beta and we will be looking at how to improve this over time. I entered this as a feature request to expose this in player management and be searchable.

In the meantime, if you are wanting to look at another player's data on the dashboard with a custom userID I would recommend using UGS Analytics. This will allow you to set userIDs as well as look at all your players data together, Another thing you can do is integrate Lobby into your application, this will allow users to connect and you can extract ID's which you can then search in player management as you have already seen. A very long way around this issue would be to expose the playerID to the user and retrieve it from them to search for their data.

If you want to look at another player's stats in the game you can use cross-player data with Cloud Code that will take in another players ID and access the cloud save data of that user.