Search Unity

How to get OSX Xcode project?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eppz, Apr 27, 2017.

1. eppz

eppz

If I could take a look on the OSX Standalone Player Xcode project, I could probably debug the issue I have.

I created a plugin that modifies the application window (NSFullSizeContentViewWindowMask), and now the player shows a black screen only. See https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-to-hide-title-bar-in-build-player.468276/

So, is there a way to take a look on the OSX Standalone Player Xcode project?

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. nickrapp

nickrapp

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, this isn't possible at the moment, though it's something we are planning to expose in the future.

SaltwaterAssembly and eppz like this.
  3. eppz

eppz

Thanks for getting back!

Could you possibly help with my specific issue then?
    I hid the title bar of the window, then the window content just went empty black (more details at https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-to-hide-title-bar-in-build-player.468276/).

I used NSFullSizeContentViewWindowMask, that does something with the layer backing of the window. Probably the player is just running fine, but the the OpenGL layer should be "added again" somehow to the window.

Could you expose some details on how the layers are built up
    , what properties / API should I use?

I can access the PlayerAppDelegate - https://github.com/eppz/Unity.Labs.OSX_Unity_Player_Headers/blob/master/PlayerAppDelegate.h - instance, so would be great to start from there.

I could publish a sandbox project, if that helps, but maybe you can help anyway.

4. bdominguezvw

bdominguezvw

5. eppz

eppz

6. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

I saw somewhere that this will be available soon, but I don't remember in which Unity Version and I can't find that info anymore.

Anyone from Unity Team could please clarify this?

7. samlabs_lea

samlabs_lea

@nickrapp Is there any status on this?

We are trying to publish a macOS build to the Mac App Store but Apple are rejecting the binary because it is referencing the GameCenter framework and are not making use of it. Our app is not a game; so we need to be able to remove the dependency on GameCenter before Apple will accept our build.

Please advise.

8. User340

User340

It's scheduled for 2019.3.

9. joshskelton

joshskelton

I didn't see this in the release notes for 2019.3. Is this still coming out?

10. User340

User340

Yup, it's available in the 2019.3 beta. Works great!

11. Zimbres

Zimbres

Very interesting timing. Is it viable to build a stub build, and use it for another unity build, like, from another version, like 2018.2?
    (Edit) Tested here. Nop.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019