Search Unity

Question How to get existing local project related with existing cloud one

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by YoizukiShigure, Nov 9, 2022.

1. YoizukiShigure

YoizukiShigure

I turned off PlasticSCM once in Unity, and then the project lost version control.
    The code are still in local and the remote repo in Cloud is still there. How can I re-bind them?
    If in the case of git I can use "git init && git remote add <remote host>"
    Is there an alternative way in PlasticSCM?
    I don't want to delete current folder and rebuild one, that's noway.

By the way why I delete the version control locally: the PlasticSCM window in Unity always try a wrong crendential and then say have no permission to view.
    Even I can't find anywhere to change the crendential in Unity.(my Unity ID is correct and have permission. But login PlasticSCM with wrong one once.

but in the PlasticSCM application installed dependently, I do change user and it works.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  2. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Do you have properly configured the Plastic standalone client with no issues? The same configuration should be used by the Unity plugin if you re-enable it (Version Control package).

If you delete/rename the following folder, you should be able to re-configure Plastic from scratch (in case something is wrong with the current configuration).

If the issue persists, please reach us at support@plasticscm.com and we can even arrange a meeting with you to debug the issue.

3. YoizukiShigure

YoizukiShigure

Thanks for reply. I finally worked it out. By syncing with cloud, then choose local dir in the standalone client.

However the PlasticSCM concepts now are confusing me. I created the workspace years ago, when the cloud not online, the repo address started with "SSL:repo@host".
    And I re-worked on the project recently, it told me that cloud is available and create a repo with addr "repo@cloud.cn". So here exists two repo in my client. But seems they are same thing, which linked to the same repo server, right?

Another thing is about the plastic hub. I know it's a beta version and many function are lost. But why even can't I change my username shown in hub page? The page led me to the id.unity service, but there's no place to change hub's name. So that result in I can login Unity service and plastic hub with same account, but used diff name.
    And now I'm use different name in Unity, Unity community, and plastics. I prefer to make them same...
    Also, I hope to change the repository' name...

4. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

The format for the cloud organizations has always been Organiaztion@cloud.
    The only exception is the cloud server we have in China which is Organiation@cloud.cn

Not very sure about the Unity Hub, but in Plastic SCM you can change the user you are logged in. The easiest way is using the "Account" panel in the Plastic GUI client.