Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get exact bezier curve (or another path) from object modeled in blender to unity

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Maaartyy, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Maaartyy

Maaartyy

Hello,

I would like to make a 3D subway simulator game. Im really new to unity, but after i watched some videos, i think, this kind of game should be really easy to make right? just some object following the curve.

I was thinkink and studying about it some time and the best way for me to do it is to combine modelling from blender, and coding in unity. I would simply make the train and station in blender and then import them in unity.

But there has to be some tunnels as well. After few attemps, i left the idea to make the tunnels proceduraly in unity, because i just cant make the tunnel detailed enough. The reason i wanted to did it this way was, because if i create rails and tunnel with some bezier curve, i can make the train simply follow the curve and thats it really, game completed. But i cant really do it.

Now i would probably go with making everything in blender, and make the coding part in unity. But the question is how can I make the object (train) follow the imported tunnel? There has to be a simple way to do it in my opinion. I dont think everybody is fully able to make their game purely in unity.

I saw some really long way to do it, with exporting just the curve along the tunnel, and using some scripts, but there has to be some other way, this is common problem in my opinion.

Thank you so much for your time.

2. L_stro

L_stro

Hi,

I found this other discussion in the forums: https://forum.unity.com/threads/bezier-curve-from-blender-as-path-in-unity.936128/ You can probably find some answers there. I'm not an expert in this, but I found something else that could help you: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/b-zier-path-creator-136082 This is a tool to create paths in Unity. You could try to rebuild the path with this tool in Unity, but I know that this solution is problably not the best one but maybe good enogh when compared with the time needed for other better solutions. Here is a tutorial for using the path creator:

I hope I could help you a little bit!