Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to get alembic file using raw data in Unity

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by xihaohuang18, Jul 13, 2022.

1. xihaohuang18

xihaohuang18

Is there a way that we can export alembic file using our own data from code. I know how to get a alembic file(add alembic exporter component and click begin recording). The purpose that I want to do is alembic do not record my program's avatar animiation. It only store first frame. That might because the program I am using does not use timeline to generate animation. Because of that, I am trying to store each frame's raw data to alembic, is that work?

2. xihaohuang18

xihaohuang18

Let me repeat that(maybe this will be clearly) is there any web I can take a look to find out how to export a alembic file via code so that I can fill it with my own data(uv,normal, color ....)

3. vladala

vladala

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately the classes that implement the export for specific components were not made public because they were not ready for prime time.

If you want to export specific data that is not currently implemented you'd have to fork then plugin and implement in c++ and c# the needed stuff to pass your data.

4. xihaohuang18

xihaohuang18

Ok, thanks. If that, is there any ways that we can change the data with our own data. I know for alembic, it store those data to Mesh, right? And I know I cannot modify it via script