Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Unity 2022.2 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are making some changes to the DOTS forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

How to force upload all imported data to Accelerator?

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by george-l-tarkov, Aug 7, 2020.

1. george-l-tarkov

george-l-tarkov

soargon and pojoih like this.
  2. pojoih

pojoih

Would vote for this one as well

3. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hello, thank you for letting us know about the request. There is no way to force upload assets to Accelerator right now but we will take the request in consideration and plan it for the future.

andreiagmu and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  4. ww-beau

ww-beau

This would be helpful -especially when you are first setting up your project. It would be nice to have the ability to warm up the accelerator cache manually. My first attempt to set up accelerator failed due to the project settings not persisting. I expected the LONG asset import process to end and my accelerator server to show it was being used. Sadly, this is what I got "3% (0% by accelerator)"

andreiagmu likes this.
  5. IG_Boudreaux

IG_Boudreaux

This is a necessary feature. I've recently been learning the accelerator and it would have saved a lot of headache to be able to force upload all the imported asset data instead of piece-meal uploading each time assets are imported.

Trying to get a fresh project import to be as efficient as possible as fast as possible requires this functionality. I've been deleting the Library directory on one machine and re-importing it, over and over to build up our Accelerator asset cache manually.

6. pojoih

pojoih

At least with my current Projekt in Unity 2021.2.4, it seems to upload all the data which isn't found on the accelerator. There's a Task and a loading indicator for this in the lower right corner of the editor. Seems we're good :)

7. mboyle_tp

mboyle_tp

My experience (2021.3.2f1) has been that the editor will upload data not in Accelerator *iff* it can make it all the way through importing and that uploading. If it crashes anywhere along the way (which for our project, for some platforms, can be around a week,) it seems to forget which assets it imported. A tool to force upload would be appreciated (and/or tooling to explore what has been uploaded already.)