Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to force Unity Editor iny OpenGl Mode?

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Viggy1996, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Viggy1996

Viggy1996

In the previous Versions, I use -force-opengl in my Unity Editor Shortcut to launch the Editor in OpenGL Mode,since the DX11 Mode Seems to cause Unbearable Lag on my System (Ryzen 2700 and GTX 1080 with 16GB RAM).
    But it doesn't work anymore in the Alpha. Maybe because it launches through the Unity Hub?

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    For now, you need to launch directly the editor with the project path argument and it will not open the Hub and directly open the editor in your project. Something like this `Unity.exe -projectPath <pathname> -force-opengl`
    Later, Hub will support arguments other than cloud environment. Which means hub will have its own CLI and also can forward arguments to the editor.

Stay tuned for the hub updates.

yunyishui1234 and Viggy1996 like this.
  3. Viggy1996

Viggy1996

Thanks!

4. Pivetta

Pivetta

I'm upping this one,
    I am not firm of the Windows Terminal (jesus christ I had to do things to enable autocomplete!) - just wondering if there is some plan to add "execution flags" or similar to the Unity Hub settings. Now I am getting "access denied"

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unity.exe -projectPath <C:\ProjectFolder> -force-opengl