Search Unity

How to fix game made with Unity 2021.3 Android X509TrustManager rejected by Google Play

Discussion in 'Android' started by LorenzoSBS, Aug 1, 2022.

1. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

Hi, Since a month we have received this alert from google every time that we upload a new version of our android game. At first I thought that it was related to this thread:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...9trustmanager-rejected-by-google-play.742991/

But I'm unable to find any UDP or UnityChannel in my Plugins folder, so I was wondering if there's anything else that I can do in order to fix this issue. We don't have an In - App Purchasing or Ads enabled (we use a third party SDK for ads and they already told us that this issue has nothing to do with them).

We would really appreciate some help in order to fix this issue as soon as possible.

2. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Once you make a build, do a textual search in Temp/gradleOut/build folder to see if you find any namespace listed in the shared image. Then you will have a clue to get started.

4. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

I'm unable to find that folder once the build is completed.

5. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Whats your unity version? You should see it only after you build an apk. If you close unity, that folder will be removed.

Also, if you are on latest Unity version, try checking in Library/Bee/Android....

6. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

I'm using the 2021.3.6f1, I'm checking those folders once the build is completed and I'm unable to find the gradleOut folder after building the apk neither after building an aab.
    We are using Custom main Gradle Template, might has something to do with it?
    Regards.

7. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Nope. If you use custom gradle or not, it doesn't matter. Basically as you will be using gradle build system, it should get created anyhow.

Once you make a build(apk), send me a screenshot of your Temp folder (which will be at your project root) and Library without closing unity.

8. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

Folder library:
    library.png
    Temp folder:
    tmpFolder.png

9. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Search in
    Library\Bee\Android\Prj\IL2CPP(or Mono)\Gradle

10. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

What should I be looking for? Any reference to TrustManager or com.wali.gamecenter... ?
    I attach you the gradle folder that you requested:
    gradleFolder.png

11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Text search in that folder the following text "com.wali.gamecenter" and see if it exists. Just to check if its anyway from your project.

12. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

Nothing found:
    nothing.png

13. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Looks like you didn't do any text search but file search alone. You need to find that string recursively in that folder.

However, on another post it was mentioned that its from UDP and purchasing libraries. Have a look at that.

14. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

Yes, I already read that post, thats one of the reasons why I put a similar tittle to my post just changing the unity version, in order to verify if thats still an ongoing issue.
    No UDP installed, already checked.

15. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Oh ok!
    So, did you try full text search in gradleOut folder?
    Also, Do you use AliPay by any chance?

16. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

Yes, I alsto tried the full text search in the gradleout folder, but it seems to only work on .txt files:
    searcher.png
    I think that I'm not using alipay despit the fact that is another error that google is promting me.
    At first we thought that this was provoked by having the xiaomi game center extension installed and we have it when we were working on unity 2018, but before we updated the project to the 2021 version, we remove it. alipay.png

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

How about searching it from visual studio or code ide?

18. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

Already done, and we didn't find any reference.

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ok, then. If you see its not something thats added by you intentionally, you can give a try with the below to have a look.
    1. Deselect all scenes in the build settings
    2. Select debug keystore with development build setting on
    3. Create an apk and pass it on.

Empty apk is to make sure you don't ship any of your contents and debug keystore as its a generic one. I will have a check once I'm free tonight.

20. LorenzoSBS

LorenzoSBS

Fixed! Its seems that the error was provoked by the unity ads package. Once I uninstalled the package and talk to google support, all seems to properly go.

Voxel-Busters likes this.