Search Unity

How to find Rule from ruleID?

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by PBeagle, Oct 9, 2019.

1. PBeagle

PBeagle

I've been trying out Remote Config using v1.0.6 and it's been easy integrating so far =)

Looking at a summary report it gives various data including a ruleID for a request. The ruleID appears to be some kind of GUID such as "7f5133d8-6cff-4f09-a4c1-5750e3a893e3". How can I find the Rule that ID belongs to? I can't find the GUID anywhere on the web dashboard nor in the Unity window.

2. rambod

rambod

Unity Technologies

Hi @PBeagle!

We're glad you're finding it easy to integrate :)

As for your question, there's two ways to do it today:
    1) You could use the GET rule REST API to get the details of a rule
    2) In the editor, open the Remote Config window, pull the config/rules for the environment the rule is in, then find the ScriptableObject the window creates (Assets/Editor/RemoteConfig/Data/RemoteConfigDataStoreAsset.asset). If you view that in the inspector, you should see a "rules list" foldout, if you open that, there's an entry for each rule that you can use to find the rule name for the given rule id.

Hopefully that does the trick, but let us know if you run into any issues. In the meantime, we're going to look into how to make this easier to do, and will provide more info when have it.

3. PBeagle

PBeagle

Thanks for the quick response. Finding it in the ScriptableObject was easy, didn't realise that was there!

Cheers,
    Peter

rambod likes this.