Search Unity

Question How to feed a 2D integer array into observations?

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by Alca-Lynn, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Alca-Lynn

Alca-Lynn

Hi, friends!

I'm haven't write down the codes now and come to ask the question beforehand. Hope you understand.

I'm creating a simulation which involves 5 stations and some obstacles moving around blocking them from connected. The agent's goal is to make sure all 5 stations stay connected, in other words, there should not have station(s) is seperated. Also, a station can have at most 2 connections, so there shouldn't have circles.
    upload_2022-7-1_17-47-59.png
    So i am thinking using a 2D 5x5 integer array:
    int[5,5] ConnectionMap
    to store the connections. 0 - available, 1 - connected, 2 - blocked. And im not using camara observation.

Here is my problem: how can I or can I send this 2D array into observations? I'm using ml-agent 19 and I don't remember there is a way that you can send a multi-dimension array into observations, correct me if there is any.

And also, if you have any ideas on how can i optimize the solution above, that would be great of help!

2. Zibelas

Zibelas

a 5x5 array is the same as a single one that has 25 entries. You can as well just loop over your 5x5 array and add each entry as an observation.

Alca-Lynn likes this.