Search Unity

How to fail asset bundle builds

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by liortal, Jul 31, 2019.

1. liortal

liortal

We have a [PostProcessScene] method that verifies some conditions on the scene as it gets built into an asset bundle / player.

I would like to be able to fail that build in case those conditions are not met. so far, i haven't been able to find anything useful.

Tried throwing exceptions of different sorts (System.Exception, BuildFailedException) but no luck.

The last resort i have is to just kill the Unity editor (Application.Quit or something similar), this will (sort of?) work while running in our CI environment, but i am looking for a nicer solution.

2. liortal

liortal

ping. anyone? maybe @superpig the build meister ?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  3. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

What Unity version? Throwing BuildFailedException should work, though there was an issue with that not failing a build that was fixed a few months ago and backported.

4. liortal

liortal

We are using Unity 2018.4

5. liortal

liortal

6. liortal

liortal

Attaching my simple project. I am using 2018.4.0 and the build does not fail.
    Also tried with 2018.4.1 and it behaves the same (build will not fail when throwing this exception).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  7. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

It's definitely possible I missed an edge case in my fix. There is a lot of indirection in those callbacks that I'd love to kill someday. Mind submitting your repro through the bug reporter so it's tracked properly? Post the case # here so I can pull it immediately

8. liortal

liortal

@Ryanc_unity There you go: (Case 1191481) BuildFailedException doesn't fail build from PostProcessScene callback

9. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies