Search Unity

Question How to export Blender model with all its animations to Unity?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by zacharyhunterlund, Apr 1, 2023.

1. zacharyhunterlund

zacharyhunterlund

Hello,

In Blender 3.5, I created a very simple character model with two actions, an Idle animation and a Run animation. When I try to export this to Unity as an FBX file, however, the FBX file only has the Run animation. I do not know why this is happening, and I would like to find out as soon as possible.

Here is the process of exporting it to Unity:

- Holding down Shift, I select the mesh, then the armature. Both are selected, and the armature is the Active object.

- I go to File -> Export -> FBX (.fbx). My export settings are shown here:

Does anyone know how to make it so my FBX has all of its animations included?

2. Lifee00

Lifee00

Well, I just exported now 2 animations. Had mostly default settings, pathway was: copy, no NLA strips, also selected only mesh and armature. My armature is the parent of all other things. I use older Blender version though.

3. unity_gmgrkLZHgZfltw

unity_gmgrkLZHgZfltw

Im having same issue if you ever found a solution.. Thanks :D

4. treviasxk

treviasxk

I had the same problem, animations are only exported when they have very high position/rotation values, otherwise Blender does not recognize them as an animation if the Force Start/End option is unchecked.

upload_2023-7-18_11-25-58.png

but if you mark the force Start/End, you will be able to export all the animations, but there is a problem there, it will force and add keyframe of all the bones, if you use Humanoid in the animator it will work (but a bug in rotation bones), and if you use Generic in the animator, the rotations will work perfectly, however it is not possible to use avatar mask in generic and if animations are exported with force Start/End checked, all bones will have a keyframe and you will not be able to create animations on every part of the body in Generic.

My solution to all this was to create animations within unity with its own native animation tool, and with package animation rigger to facility.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023