Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to exclude invisible Collision boxes from Steam VR Teleporting

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by markjanzen88, Sep 27, 2018.

1. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

Ive managed to use OnTriggerEnter and Exit with collision boxes to turn off a script based on the Player location in my VR project.

One issue is Im noticing the Steam VR teleporting (via Teleport Area) is trying to detect these Collision boxes even though their mesh renderer is disabled. Is there any way to exclude these from being found in the teleport?

My quick fix is just to move the collision boxes to waist or higher level. Thanks for any help and keep in mind I am an 3d Artist trying to learn Unity scripting.

edit: found in the Steam VR documentation, there is a script called 'Ignore TeleportTrace' that fixes my issue.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    bing2, BGHStudio, lukax22 and 4 others like this.
  2. TechHead

TechHead

Thank you, I was wondering the same thing and your post helped immensely. :)

3. lukax22

lukax22

hi
    I had the same problem and I solve it by adding a new layer for collision and everything is normal here except you should remove the new layer from the reaction in the Teleporting gameobject in trace layer mask

hpjjphhpj likes this.
  4. Trevor_Hoshiwara

Trevor_Hoshiwara

I believe that Steam VR has an script directly for this: IgnoreTeleportTrace.cs. Just drop this onto your GameObject that has the collider and the teleportation arc should ignore it.

bing2 likes this.