Search Unity

how to enable TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EssencyStudios, Jan 7, 2019.

1. EssencyStudios

EssencyStudios

I've received multiple crash logs which spam until the user's game freezes

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Allocator/ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp Line: 539)
    Internal: deleting an allocation that is older than its permitted lifetime of 4 frames (age = 9)

hidden between hundreds of these lines lies another message

To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

I cannot for the life of me find out how to enable this thing, google wont give me any answers!
    For anyone interested here are the crash logs as well:

one dude: https://pastebin.com/CcjPkuHj
    other dude: https://pastebin.com/Ce0TL821

2. echeg

echeg

Same question. How know what a system have leak?

3. SunnyChow777

SunnyChow777

see this log in Xcode. Google tells me nothing either

4. Kobald-Klaus

Kobald-Klaus

Getting thousands of that errors since update to 2019.1

There is no such file where I can turn on that #define !!!
    (Filename: ./Runtime/Allocator/ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp Line: 541)

5. Blackx_xCat

Blackx_xCat

me too

6. EssencyStudios

EssencyStudios

Its been a few months and still can't find a solution!

good_anti likes this.
  7. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

Same here, it seems to not happen right when I start up Unity, but as soon as Unity runs for a while this nasty bug comes about. I am betting it is something internal to Unity where a job is not written correctly.

8. cloud1989

cloud1989

me too!

9. Jbs_GameZone

Jbs_GameZone

Got the same issue, using Unity 2019.2.1f1

Has anyone found a solution / workaround ?

10. Domas_L

Domas_L

Unity Technologies

Hello! Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project for this issue and reply in here with the issue ID?

11. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

This was a horrible problem for me and then I cleaned up how I was generating allocations and it went away. I think if your game throws a null error and doesn't shut down properly in the editor, that stuff will be left and leaky. So try restarting Unity first and check those TempJob allocations.

12. FuDaNing

FuDaNing

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
    To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

I removed all "Job", "Allocator", but the warning still exist.
    I'm using 2018.4.7f1 Personal.

13. FuDaNing

FuDaNing

NavMeshBuilder.UpdateNavMeshDataAsync() is the reason about my issue. But I don't know how to fix it.

14. 8bitgoose

8bitgoose

@fUring most definitely internal. You are gonna have to submit a report to Unity. They seem to be leaking garbage that way everywhere. Does it go away if you restart Unity?

15. FuDaNing

FuDaNing

I've restarted my Computer, but it still there. I'll submit a report soon. Thank you`

16. Ignacii

Ignacii

Still in 2019.2.3 :(

17. alexrau

alexrau

Having same issue in 2019.2r5. Jut came out of seemingly nowhere. Opened bug with Unity and waiting to hear back. I can reproduce on a scene containing just a camera and directional light. Waiting to hear back from them. (The bug uploader would not for the project, so I had to zip it. Upgraded to the latest version of Post Processing and CORE, going to try the 2019.2.r6 that came out yesterday).

Error is :

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

Visually on more complex scenes where I see it, it looks like the UI is resizing itself between bigger and smaller.