Search Unity

Question how to enable rotation when rigidbody2d (dynamic) collides with box collider?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by feliciamah, Mar 17, 2023.

1. feliciamah

feliciamah

Hi all, Right now, when my bird collides with the pipe (collider outlines of pipe and bird in below images), the bird does not rotate as I thought it would according to Physics since the bird is constantly moving forward. However, the bird only rotates (a little) when it hits the edge of the pipe. Previously it was working fine but suddenly this bug happened. How would you solve such an issue?

I am pretty new to unity and could not find answers online to this. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Images of collider outlines:
    Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 12.29.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 12.29.12 AM.png

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Could you clarify what you mean here? Why should it be rotating because it's moving?

Is the bird actually moving? Are you sure you're not just setting the Transform position i.e. teleporting it from position to position (bad). Any movement in physics should be achieved via the Rigidbody2D API.

A Rigidbody2D is moving when it moves because it has a velocity created by adding a force, setting the velocity, using MovePosition etc.