Search Unity

Question How to enable Arm64 in Unity 2020 for Linux Platform

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Kiru93, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Kiru93

Kiru93

Hi Team i need help to run unity build on Linux with arm64 , I can able to run in x86_64 how to enable arm64 in unity 2020 or other LTS versions

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You can't, we don't support that.

3. wyckster

wyckster

:(

I'd sure like to be able to use Unity to create 3D apps that run on my Jetson Nano. How can this not be a thing considering that Nintendo has a version of Unity that can target the Nintendo Switch which is a Tegra X1 (arm) seems like a similar problem.

Where can I upvote a feature request for linux arm64 platform support?

villeHelin likes this.
  4. damvcoool

damvcoool

Would be nice to add support for Linux ARM64

JesseSTG likes this.
  5. RomanoMcBride

RomanoMcBride

Unity Technologies

Hi!

You can put in the feedback for the feature https://unity.com/roadmap/hmi (under "Platforms and Integration).

Support for a platform isn't just about the processor architecture, but there are many more things to take into account. We do in fact support Unity on ARM for embedded systems for many of our customers using Linux (and /or QNX) via premium runtimes. Without these, Unity also runs on arm-based processors on Android, iOS, iPad OS and macOS.

The reason is that Android, iOS etc. are platforms/ecosystems, not just processors/architectures. There's more work that just supporting the processor/GPU for supporting an ecosystem. With the premium runtimes and support for embedded systems, we have a way to support custom "ecosystems".

6. Nickromancer

Nickromancer

It it the same for headless server build?
    I want to run on a Linux cloud server using Arm-based Ampere CPU.

7. RomanoMcBride

RomanoMcBride

Unity Technologies

Due to the custom support required for the variety of ARM based platforms out there, Linux on ARM 64 is supported through our premium runtimes for industrial customers for things like servers and embedded systems. Please contact your account manager for info and pricing.