Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to embed my game in a specific div ?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by ThomasAstrakhan, Dec 10, 2018.

1. ThomasAstrakhan

ThomasAstrakhan

Hello.
    I would like to know two things :
    1. How can I make my game to show only in a specific div on my website ? (like a banner or something) Because now I can only display the game in full page.
    2. How can I disable the autofocus ? I don't want my page to scroll to the game at the loading.
    Thank you !

2. TheRoccoB

TheRoccoB

You might want to consider running the game as a separate page / index file and running it in an iFrame.

If you need the frame to be responsive (change size dynamically), just google for "responsive iframe".

3. v_vuk

v_vuk

Unity Technologies

Focus especially is something we need to work on a bit; right now the shell is designed to run full screen, largely intended for mobile. However, if you load the code (game.js) from your own HTML file, you can create a canvas element with id `UT_CANVAS` and we'll use that instead of creating our own.

TheRoccoB likes this.
  4. ovirta

ovirta

@v_vuk, @etienne_unity (sorry to ping Etienne but you seemed to be active yesterday :) )

Digging up old threads but 'UT_CANVAS' tip seems to be working still for Unity Project Tiny. I would like to dynamically change the canvas (and div sizes) where Unity app is embedded.

From Unity Editor project settings one can change Auto vs fixed size viewport. This helps a little but what if I would like to have project occupy width: 100% and height: 50%. By modifying the javascript and html files of the project by hand this is doable but is quite tedious.

Example from Unity Tiny Sample HelloWorld js & html

Code (CSharp):
    2.   <div style="height: 500px">
    3.     <canvas id="UT_CANVAS"></canvas>
    4.   </div>
    Code (CSharp):
    2.       canvas.width = canvas.parentNode.clientWidth;
    3.       canvas.height = canvas.parentNode.clientHeight;
    4.       // canvas.width = width;
    5.       // canvas.height = height;
    Is there a documented way to manipulate UT_CANVAS size?

Thanks!

RemIsWho likes this.
  5. liaofeng7

liaofeng7