Search Unity

How to edit ENALBE_WINMD_SUPPORT code efficiently

Discussion in 'VR' started by WavyRancheros, May 14, 2019.

1. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

Hi,

I'm wondering... at the moment I'm using the .NET backend for Hololens applications. In the Build Settings, I have "Unity C# Projects" checked. That enables me to create a visual studio solution, where I can edit the code in the #if ENABLE_WINMD_SUPPORT region efficiently. Every time I have to work with Windows.Storage namespace, for example. Boy, is that a time saver.

But how do you do that when switching to IL2CPP?

Regards,
    Wavy

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

When you use IL2CPP, Visual Studio will generate additional projects for each assembly with ".Player" suffix. If you open files from that project, you'll get full intellisense support without even building your project.

Secondly, if you use "Script Only Build" option, then Unity will only recompile your scripts when building the project, without rebuilding all the assets, which should make building the player much faster.

3. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to change a setting somewhere, because Visual Studio doesn't seem to do that for me...?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Which version of Visual Studio are you on? I believe Visual Studio 2017 started doing it in like version 15.6. Make sure you have Visual Studio Tools for Unity component installed in it.