Search Unity

ProBuilder How to easily remove vertices and edges or merge faces removing excess geometry?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Phedg1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Phedg1

Phedg1

As a simple test I started with a square face. I then extruded additional faces out all in the same plane to create a complex shape. I decide this is the shape I'm chasing but I'd like the faces to all be merged so they can be treated as one. I merge the faces but see all my old vertices and edges throughout my new face. I can't seem to delete vertices or edges, only entire faces or objects. There seems to be no way to clean up my object and I'm stuck with lines and dots throughout its surface. Is there anything I can do here? Is there really no automated tool or function I can use that will clean this up for me?

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Sorry for the extra work, we don't have an automated method to delete those extras yet. However, you can use the Collapse function to remove vertices (collapsing many down to one). This works especially well if you use the "Collapse to First" option. Hope that helps for now, new tools will address this in the future!