Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

How to dsiable char input

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by witcher101, May 10, 2018.

1. witcher101

witcher101

How do i disable a char input when i trigger a cutscene??

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I don't understand this question. Anybody?

3. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

I think he asks how to disable Character's input when he triggers the cut-scene (Timeline).

@witcher101 Some code would help. Also: please remember to use Timeline's sub-forum for this kind of stuff in the future.

@Gregoryl Should this thread stay here or be moved to the Timeline's sub-forum?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks @JakubSmaga for the clarification, it makes sense. I don't know whether there's a general way to disable input, but if he wants to do it purely from CM I can think of a couple of ways.

1. trigger a script at the same time that clears the Axis Name fields in the timeline. The names would have to be put back afterwards to restore input.
    2. blend to a different vcam during the timeline, and disable the vcam with the input