Search Unity

How to drive car in VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by nsmith1024, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

I have a simple 3D game im porting to VR. Im using VRTK.

In my game the player can get in a car seat and drive the car by using the mouse moving side to side to turn, up down arrows to speed up, slow down etc. To drive the car, right now i simply parent the avatar to the car seat gameObject.

How do i do that using VRTK? Do i parent the [CameraRig] to the car seat?

Actually im using UMA avatar that is parented to the [CameraRig] right now.

How do i steer in VR? is that by twisting the controller side to side or something like that?

Anybody knows?

Thanks

2. tkannan565

tkannan565

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing as you. I have to drive a vehicle and I'm using VRTK. Have you figured out how to do this? Mind helping this soul, please:)

3. arfish

arfish

How about turning the steering wheel, for example by moving, or twisting the controllers?

4. Crazycarpet

Crazycarpet

There's an asset called 'Drive In VR' where you can drive with a steering wheel, handlebars, and other stuff...
    Link

5. nilagard

nilagard

Have you tried coming up with some logic for this on your own? This is what being a programmer/dev is all about. If you keep skipping work like this you aren't going to get very far. This is the core feature of your game and you are looking to skip it, not good man. Keep at it! You can google Code/Syntax all you want, but you can't google the solutions because you'll never be able to do something on your own with that attitude. My unpopular opinion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.