Search Unity

Question How to download Silicon builds from Hub 3.0

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by oobartez, Dec 16, 2021.

1. oobartez

oobartez

I would like to download the Silicon version of Unity Editor 2021.2.6f1. How can I do it via Unity Hub 3.0?

The Download Archive page only lists unityhub:// links for the Intel version. I understand that I can download the binary and then manually add it to Hub but that is what I would like to avoid - it adds extra steps, the .pkg doesn't normally have the necessary permissions to start etc.

The Hub allows me to download 2021.2.7f1 but that version is not yet available on Unity Cloud Build so it doesn't help me either (besides we haven't upgraded our project to 2021.2.7f1 yet).

2. oobartez

oobartez

According to release notes, it should be possible to install a Silicon editor using CLI:
    But I couldn't find anywhere in the CLI documentation how to specify architecture. This doesn't work:

unity_oL7pmmFvGl8gAQ likes this.
  3. oobartez

oobartez

Is there perhaps a magic unityhub:// link that could be used to download a Silicon editor?

4. altitudedashboard

altitudedashboard

You can manually download the arm64 version from here:
    https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
    I have the exact opposite problem of yours, I want to install only the arm64 version of the Editor without using the Hub. I want to use only pure Apple Silicon binaries.

5. Phil_Z

Phil_Z

Unity Technologies

We are aware of this issue and will have a better flow for installing Apple silicon Editors in an upcoming version of the Hub. It's taking longer than expected, especially when installing Apple silicon and Intel Editors side-by-side. Thank you for your patience.

6. MarcusGraf23

MarcusGraf23

Trying to download older silicon versions, greets me with an "Access denied" error.
    I tried downloading the 2020.3.21 version for apple silicon.
    It seems to happen to all 2020 versions.
    This is the error message:
    Code (csharp):
    2. <Error>
    3. <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    4. <Message>Access denied.</Message>
    5. <Details>Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object. Permission 'storage.objects.get' denied on resource (or it may not exist).</Details>
    6. </Error>

7. Phil_Z

Phil_Z

Unity Technologies

The Editor that is native Apple silicon is only supported in 2021 LTS. The path you are trying to get doesn't exist.

MarcusGraf23 likes this.
  8. Phil_Z

Phil_Z

Unity Technologies

9. oobartez

oobartez

It's working, thank you!

In case someone missed it, when you click a unityhub:// link in the download archives, it opens a popup in Unity Hub which lets you select which version (Apple or Intel) you wish to install.

Phil_Z likes this.