Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

How to download from server previously deleted file without restoring the whole project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by bugaj, Dec 17, 2018.

1. bugaj

bugaj

One of my teammates uploaded his version to server overwriting some of the other teammatres files. We rolled back to previous revision. It was a couple of months ago and we dont have a hardcopy. Is it possible to downloaded a couple of deleted files, or deleted folder without having to rollback to old revisions? Is it possible to finbd delted assets in Asset view in Unity Dashboard?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @bugaj! Yes, from the Assets view of the Collaborate section in the Developer Dashboard, you can navigate through your project until you find the assets that you'd like to get an older version of. Then, on the right side of the page, you can pick from its timeline which version of the asset you'd like to download.

For now, it's only possible to download one asset (along with its associated .meta file) at a time from the site. We know it's a hassle and will work to make this process simpler. Let me know if you run into any issues.

3. maciekgesexhibitions

maciekgesexhibitions

Hi Ryan, my problem is we deleted the asset in one of our revision, now it doesnt show in the assets view in developers dashboard(sorry i have written from my other profile, this is work profile, the other is personal|)

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Oops, sorry that I misunderstood. And no worries about replying with a different account. You're right that currently there isn't a way to download from the Dashboard any currently deleted assets and this is something that we plan to fix.

In the meantime, you can open a Support ticket with us by going to the Collaborate->Support section of the Dashboard, mention my name along with name the asset, its file path and the commit that it was last in. We'll be able to grab the asset that you're looking for.

5. maciekgesexhibitions

maciekgesexhibitions

Thanks, ill be sure to do it next time we run into this issue. Luckily we managed to fix that using our hardcopy
    Do you have any insight on when is that feature going to be implemented? will be implement on Colaborate globaly, or only with newer versions of unity?

6. T5Shared

T5Shared

Since Collaborate is now a package in the Unity editor, fixes and new features could be implemented very quickly. This 'deleted file is invisible on the dashboard' issue is one that I would like to see fixed quickly ;)

7. ChaosResolution

ChaosResolution

Any sign of adding this as a feature, ever?

8. T5Shared

T5Shared

Who knows? I have given up on Collaborate.

9. SplenShepard

SplenShepard

A year later and still no way to get deleted files back? Seems like a pretty basic Git functionality that is lacking here. A shame really.

10. stechmann

stechmann

Need that feature