Search Unity

How to download free assets from asset store?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jshrek, Feb 22, 2015.

1. jshrek

jshrek

Hi

So I am browsing thru the asset store and I have come across some free assets I want to download. I login to store and then click Download button and the button will change to Please Wait, and then nothing seems to happen. Is it downloading the assets? I am not sure because there does not appear to be anything that tells me it is doing something or not. If it is downloading them, where is it saving them?

Is there another way to download free assets without going thru the store?

Thanks

2. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

Try launch the asset store through a tab in Unity rather than a webpage and see what happens.

Attached Files:

3. jshrek

jshrek

I was already using a tab.

If I wait for a long time, eventually a window will pop up showing the list of assets and ask if I want to import it.

I am on a Mac, and the Asset Store has display issues from within a tab... sometimes the header bar across the top (with the little heart and the login) disappears for example.

4. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

Try the alternative, accessing the asset store through the browser and downloading from there to see if it speeds up.

5. orb

orb

Try expanding the Asset Store window to fill the screen. That seems to solve the display issues for me.