Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to downgrade nuget-based Unity embedded packages?

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by MrLucid72, Mar 21, 2020.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Eg, System.Buffers.4.4.0 - For use with Photon (realtime service), I need 4.3 (downgrade).

I noticed Unity uses Nuget. How can I "properly" downgrade this package? I can't find Buffers in the package manager and seems like 'manifest.json' doesn't even include Buffers (no system stuff):

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assembly 'Assets/Libs/Photon PUN Wrapper/Plugins/PhotonClientWebSocket/WebSocketsClientManaged/System.Net.WebSockets.Client.Managed.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    2. System.Net.WebSockets.Client.Managed references strong named [B]System.Buffers[/B], versions has to match. [B]Assembly references: 4.0.2.0 Found in project: 4.0.3.0[/B].
    Assembly 'Assets/Libs/Photon PUN Wrapper/Plugins/PhotonClientWebSocket/WebSocketsClientManaged/System.Net.WebSockets.Client.Managed.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:

Using the latest Unity 2020 beta as of yesterday.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020