Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to do Occlusion in MARS?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by mklitsner, May 10, 2023.

1. mklitsner

mklitsner

I've been using Unity MARS for almost a year now and am at a loss as to how to get Occlusion working. I tried adding AR foundation's Occlusion Manager to my MARS camera and set it up just like in a normal AR foundation setup, but its doesn't seem to do anything. I'm also in URP. I would love to know what to do here, I feel like I'm missing something since there's no other questions about this anywhere else

2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Hi - can you tell us which version of Unity and what versions of the AR Foundation packages you are using? And is this on Android or iOS?

3. pacuum

pacuum

I have also tried to get humanDepthTexture and humanStencilTexture on iOS, but I have had no success.

My setup:
    • I created a sample MARS app with body tracking.
    • I attached the AR Camera Manager and AR Occlusion Manager to the MARS Session > Main Camera.
    • I attached another script that gets humanDepthTexture and humanStencilTexture in the Update() function and writes them to the log.
    The problem:

Both humanDepthTexture and humanStencilTexture are null.

What I have tried:
    • Adding an ARSession besides MARSSession. But it did not work.
    If I do the same setup with a new project from the "AR Mobile" template, it return non-null result.

My environment:
    • Unity Editor: 2022.3.18f1
    • MARS: 1.5.0
    • AR Foundation 5.1.1
    • Tested device: iPhone 12
    My question:

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

4. pacuum

pacuum

Some additional information.
    • If I create a new project using the "Mobile AR" template, and attach a script that reads humanDepthTexture, this works fine.
    • But If I add "Body Tracking" from the MARS Panel, humanDepthTexture now returns null.
    • Disabling the "Proxy" script of the Body object does not resolve the issue.
    • Removing the Body object resolves the issue and humanDepthTexture returns a non-null result.
    So it looks like the existence of an object from MARS will disable humanDepthTexture.