Search Unity

How to do a Gaze Selection Radial to transition from one Unity scene to the next scene?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Maryclover, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Maryclover

Maryclover

VR Unity and VIVE

Do you know how to do a Gaze Selection Radial so when someone looks at a round “Enter” button, this transitions from one Unity scene (a blank splash screen with an “Enter” button) to the next Unity scene (a new environment)?

^ Once the Selection Radial completes a full circle,

the current scene fades out and the next scene fades in.

Currently, when I press the spacebar, the scene fades out and the next scene fades in.
    However, I want the viewer to be able to start the experience themselves inside VR.

Thanks for reading and for any help/direction! :)

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Yes, I do. But I would never actually do this, because I don't hate my users.

You said you're building for Vive. Why not use the controller, as Valve intended?

3. Maryclover

Maryclover

Thanks Joe for your reply! I don't hate my users :)
    This is a meditation experience that is entirely in the shavasana pose of yoga-- lying down on your back.
    Shavasana releases tension, fatigue, and stress.
    You receive the full benefits by completely relaxing your entire body and not moving at all.
    Gaze selection would be the simplest way to "begin" the experience without the hassle of using a controller.

4. dmennenoh

dmennenoh

You put an Event Trigger and a collider on your object that you want to use for gaze selection. The GVR Reticle should then expand when you look at the thing... then in the Event Trigger add a Pointer Enter and Pointer Exit event - then call a method in one of your scripts. On PointerEnter do like so: Invoke("thingSelected", 2f); and then in your PointerExit do a CancelInvoke("thingSelected")... that's about it. If you look at the thing for 2 seconds it will be selected.