Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

How to do a clean check out?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Ranom, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Ranom

Ranom

Hi All,

I've been working on a project using Unity Collaborate and it's truly scuffed. I can't sync to a version in the history. Doing so opens a bunch of files for edit in the Changes tab and trying to revert these changes opens up more files for edit.

How can I do a clean check out? Deleting/renaming the directory stops the project from showing up in Unity Hub at all.

In a normal change control workflow I'd just delete the directory and then check it back out from the repository (e.g. git clone, p4 client/p4 sync, svn checkout).

2. Danny327

Danny327

Unity Technologies

To do a clean checkout, please try these steps:
    • Close all instances of the Unity Hub and Unity editor.
    • Rename the project folder. You need to do this in order to re-download the project.
    • Open Unity Hub and wait until the refresh button appears, then press it to show all Collaborate projects that you have access to (screenshot attached)
    • In the search field, search for the project, then select the project to download

3. Ranom

Ranom

Hi Danny,

When the problem initially occurred I was trying exactly what you said. The project did not show up after a refresh.

I've managed to get something working but can't remember the exact steps I had to follow to fix this now. I'll follow up here if there's a problem again.

Thanks

4. Danny327

Danny327

Unity Technologies

Hi Ranom,

I'm so glad that you were able to get it fixed! Yes, do let us know again if the issue reappears.