Search Unity

How to distribute UNet open source dll to non programmer user

Discussion in 'UNet' started by chenyuchih, May 26, 2016.

1. chenyuchih

chenyuchih

I download UNet source from https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/networking and add some API to it. I also make some scripts (with python) to copy dll to the correct position.

But the non programmer users report that they don't know how to copy and when to update it. So I write a c# script with InitializeOnLoad attribute to do the copy job.

This seems work fine. But when users donwload a clean src from version control system. The c# copy script won't work because the other scripts use our custom API in networking.dll and they cannot be compiled.

It turn out I must write some version control system trigger to do the job. But Perforce seems not support client side trigger.

So does anyway to let InitializeOnLoad script run even other parts compile failed? Or unity support any manifest to direct unity executable to load another networking dll?

2. chenyuchih

chenyuchih

Finally found a workaround. Compile the editor only script into a managed plugin dll and put it in Assets/.../Editor/. Even other parts compile fail, it still work