Search Unity

Resolved How to display summaries in a custom package?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by xXApOXx, Jun 14, 2022.

1. xXApOXx

xXApOXx

Hi,

I made a custom package with my common tools and added some summaries to the public functions on it.
    The project is on a git repository and I just imported it in my latest game project through the package manager.

It's working fine but the summaries aren't displayed when I check a function definition while coding.
    Any Idea how to fix that?

To be noted, I didn't make DLL, the source code is available in the package.

Cheers.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

By summaries you mean each method‘s comments? Can you post how an example documented method looks like? Perhaps you aren‘t using the correct style. Could also be yet another VS issue. Try going into Project Settings, you can specify whether to generate .csproj files for packages ( can‘t remember the section name), perhaps VS Intellisense needs that before showing the method comments.

3. xXApOXx

xXApOXx

Yes that the comment above functions. I linked an example. It's working perfectly in my package project but not in the projects where I import it.

I read there some stuffs to do when you are using dll in order for summaries to work. But I don't see any equivalent in Unity assembly definition.

I also linked an image of my external tools settings.

Attached Files:

4. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Style looks good. Does ticking all of the .csproj boxes help? If not, try with Rider (trial) just to see if it picks up your comments. If Rider doesn‘t show them there‘s got to be something wrong with the setup. Otherwise I‘d blame it on VS.

xXApOXx likes this.
  5. xXApOXx

xXApOXx

Enabling the git package option in those options did the tricks!
    Thx :)