Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to disable Unity Hub nag dialog?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JoeStrout, Jul 31, 2019.

1. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

The latest version of Unity, when launched directly, does not show the recent-projects dialog; instead it shows a nag dialog telling me how much better my life would be if I used Unity Hub.

I don't want to use Unity Hub, but this nag dialog is really annoying. Is there any way to suppress it, and get the old Unity launch behavior back?

2. JohnC_Unity

JohnC_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey JoeStrout

You should be able to bypass the hub using the command line (or creating a new shortcut) instructions here https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-hub-faq.610594/

Hope that helps. I would definitely give the hub a chance it has a lot of advantages over a standard Unity install such as adding modules etc...

Cheers.

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

The Unity Launcher has been deprecated in version 2018.4 and is no longer supported in version 2019.1 and up. We are inviting everyone to use the Hub for all your project, user and license needs. If you would rather use Unity directly you can always open your projects directly from the command-line like so: "<path-to-unity>\Unity.exe -projectPath <path-to-your-project>".

That said we are doing our best to accommodate everyone's workflows and if there's anything we could do to make the Hub more appealing to you please let us know.

Best,

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Joe-Censored and JohnC_Unity like this.
  4. AlanWhiteman

AlanWhiteman

5. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@AlanWhiteman if you pass a "-projectPath <path>" argument to the editor it will launch directly. Otherwise the Hub allows you to choose the editor (and platform) for a given project. If you have a suggestion for how we can streamline your usecase further don't hesitate to let us know :).

Cheers,

6. secretbench

secretbench

I have a suggestion... Add in the unity hub preferences, options to run in background, and an option to launch unityhub before starting the editor.