Search Unity

How to disable the little camera preview?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cherub, Jan 5, 2011.

1. cherub

cherub

is possible? It is mostly in the way for me.

2. GermanTeen1

GermanTeen1

Well, unclick it ! :)

3. cherub

cherub

unclick what?

4. PolyMad

PolyMad

Ye there's no option that I know to disable the cam view, if you select a cam you will have that small popup on your viewport... it would be nice to have the option to disable it.

Same thing also for the Lightmap display: if you have the lightmap options window open, this will show up... and for me that I have found a nice place to put it and have it always open it's kind of boring... but I got used to it.

Some other times instead I'd need to see a cam view without having it selected and I can't. I guess they will add this feature in future.

5. ahmed_elmotaz

ahmed_elmotaz

unclick the main camera from the sample scene

wlwl2 and CArtman115 like this.
  6. nace18

nace18

in the gizmos (scene) : uncheck the box 'camera'

Moonjump likes this.
  7. Moonjump

Moonjump

That is useful to know, although unfortunately it also minimises the Camera component in the Inspector. I wish they were not linked.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why not just minimising the camera component in the inspector when the preview is in the way? And put it back from the gizmos menu when you need it.

9. Moonjump

Moonjump

Because I do use the camera component, but have never had a use for the preview.

10. loutha

loutha

The Main Camera preview in the Scene window is only visible if the Main Camera component is selected in the Hierarchy. if you deselect it in the Hierarchy, then it will disappear.

11. TSWessel

TSWessel

Unity 2021.2+ uses a new overlay system which is also used for the camera preview.
    By right-clicking on the title bar you can now choose to collapse the preview:

Collapse.png Collapse2.png

Completely hiding the panel is still not an option, but this should be close enough :D

Jouni-Mannonen likes this.
  12. MHDante

MHDante

In unity 2023, there is now an overlay setting in the scene view context menu.
    You can disable the preview there.

Click the three dots to the top right of the scene view (on top of the gizmo) and click overlay menu.

Camera will show up there
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 1.00.33 PM.png Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 1.00.42 PM.png

Attached Files:

13. halley

halley

Yup, also exists in 2022.3 LTS.