Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio How to disable Audio Focus on Android?

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by daspiela, Jun 9, 2016.

1. daspiela

daspiela

Is it possible to deactivate audio focus on startup?
    Since Unity 5.4, the background music stops on startup and i couldn't find a way to deactivate audio focus.

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. BRiSA

BRiSA

I would love to know the answer. My players are complaining!

3. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

It's currently not possible but it sounds like a reasonable feature for games that doesn't have background music. Would a player setting in the editor suffice or would you need a runtime API where you could toggle this on and off?

4. daspiela

daspiela

Player setting would be perfect for my apps. This sounds like the best way to prevent native music players being paused on startup.

5. robson_depaula

robson_depaula

I would vote up to this request. Disabling audio focus internal control would be great for my app as well.

6. BRiSA

BRiSA

I would love to see this setting. My players are complaining and I hate to reply there is nothing I can do.

7. paradizIsCool

paradizIsCool

Hi, we also have users complaining about the loss of the audio focus, especially since 5.3.6 which always get audio focus and we don't want to, especially since this fix
    • (796242) - Android: Audio - Fixed an issue where the application would not regain audio focus after a notification.