Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to disable animated physics

Discussion in 'Animation' started by OhHelloBye, Feb 12, 2021.

1. OhHelloBye

OhHelloBye

Currently i am trying to make my charachter animate which succeded, however whenever they move their legs it makes it go up and down, and i want it to be like as if there was no animation.

2. M-Elwy

M-Elwy

Please share more info, I'll make a blind guess and say the problem is related to colliders, do you use one collider that covers your whole gameobject? Or you use two colliders on each leg?

3. OhHelloBye

OhHelloBye

well ill ive did so far is make animations for children of a empty gameobject - four to be exact - and i havent altered the rigidbody or collider physics at all. the animations are interfering with the ground and its not supposed to

4. OhHelloBye

OhHelloBye

all i want to know is how to disable the animation physics so the rigidbody is like if there was no animation

5. M-Elwy

M-Elwy

Try setting isKinematic to true in rigidbody parameters, if that doesn't work please share screenshot/video to show what you mean

6. OhHelloBye

OhHelloBye

thank you for your suggestion, it unfortunately does not work. when i set is kinematic to true it stays in mid air. ill describe the entire thing; i made a 4 animations for the legs and arms and put the gameobjects under a empty gameobject and if i set the empty gameobjects rigidbody to is kinematic it stays mid air