Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to develop a unity project for cross-platform(Windows-Standalone and Android) ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by petergraham003, Feb 23, 2020.

1. petergraham003

petergraham003

I had a project initially developed for Windows platform. When I wanted it for Android platform, for safe-side I made a copy of whole project and changed to Android Platform.

Due to some performance issues, I had to make some changes in scene in Android platform to reduce drawCalls and polygons count and optimized UI canvases. As few functions in scripts are platform specific, I had used #define directives to achieve Platform dependent compilation. At last I got it working in Android platform with decent performance and added some new features in Android platform.

Later for few months, I continued to develop in my Windows platform project. Now, I wanted my latest version of project to Android platform as well. I had made a lot of changes in scene as well as scripts in my new version when compared to earlier version. I don't understand on how to convert it now to Android platform. Also each time when I wanted to switch this platform, it's taking me approximately 6 hours of time to build the library because of the change in platform.

Can anyone please recommend/suggest me a solution for this which can be achieved in less time and with less human-error ?