Search Unity

Question How to detect if a user doesn't have a Meta Avatar or if they have been assigned a default avatar?

Discussion in 'VR' started by ROBYER1, Nov 14, 2022.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I am working with the Meta Avatars SDK and can't find any way to detect if a user doesn't already have a Meta Avatar, and as part of this I can't find a way to detect if the user has simply been assigned a default avatar.

I have the ability to let the user open the customise avatar menu via a deeplink call, but no way to detect if I should tell the user to create an avatar first time.

2. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Found it in OVRAvatarEntity.cs

Code (CSharp):
    1.  /// True if the avatar has any avatar loaded other than the default avatar.
    2.        public bool HasNonDefaultAvatar { get; private set; }
    Also I tried a suggestion of using the mirror ie.from the Oculus Avatar samples > mirror scene which gives me this error for a user who has no avatar, which is of no good as it actually causes issues in the build!
    [ovrAvatar2 sampleAvatar] Unable to find user avatar with userId 4961820950580892. Falling back to local avatar.

Checking hasNonDefaultAvatar from above worked though I had to check that value like 10-15 realtime seconds after avatar loading as it flagged wrong until the user's actual avatar has fully loaded as the loading callbacks fired early