Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

how to deploy Unity Render Streaming on cloud service (AWS) for many single user? not multiplayer

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by zhangkuansky, Sep 27, 2022.

1. zhangkuansky

zhangkuansky

I have deployed the Unity Render Streaming broadcast-sample on winServer (AWS),
    but what I want is when user open the web explorer, the server render video streaming for single user like every user is in his room, not all in one big room.
    just like depoly it on Furioos. everyone receive the video stream individually!
    Multiplay-Sample is for many users in one big room, isn't it? or Do I misunderstand it?

should I deploy the unity zip (and webserver) for every single user by using autoscale skills ? any manual? or any keyword?

2. gtk2k

gtk2k

It's possible in a single Unity app, but if you use hardware encoding, you should also be aware that your GPU may be limited in how many you can encode simultaneously.

3. zhangkuansky

zhangkuansky

my team can prepare multiple servers, but is it the only way to deploy the Unity Render Streaming app for multiple single user like Furioos ?
    is there any open-source solution ?

is this "simulcast" which described by offical (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.renderstreaming@3.1/manual/faq.html)
    and they say

Is simulcast supported?
    --Currently, we do not support simulcast.

4. gtk2k

gtk2k

これは一案ですが、Multiplay-Sampleを元に個室Prefabを用意し、プレイヤー接続時に個室Prefabからオフセットを持ったインスタンスを作成し、オフセットに合わせてプレイヤーの位置を設定します。個室ができた感じではないですか?

tree_arb and zhangkuansky like this.
  5. zhangkuansky

zhangkuansky

thank you for your advice, it's really a good idea.
    then the limit of user count is the server's performance

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  6. vMyth

vMyth

Is there any solution to this now?