Search Unity

Bug How to debug stuck at upload issue?

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Xarbrough, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I have a local setup with the Accelerator installed on MacPro-1 and Unity projects running on MacPro-1 and MacPro-2. Both are connected and seem to be down- and uploading assets.

Sometimes, however, a random Unity project will seemingly never finish uploading assets. In the editor log I see lines like:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Artifact(artifact id=a2a4692cf89c7815542c3a3aa7a169e9, static dependencies=d8f3ea2b6bdd49beb1d48f05a9dc76f3, content hash=81dd98d6f3c651d985aae702acef4fb6) uploaded to cacheserver
    But at some point the editor simply seems stuck: nothing happens, the last "uploaded to cacheserver" line doesn't change. The overall build hangs for 3 hours (instead of running a couple of minutes) and I have to manually abort everything.

How can I investigate this issue further? I'm not seeing any errors in any of the logs.

Our projects are fairly small in size, there are only few assets and they are small in size, so they should be fast to upload. Also, the network is pretty fast and well maintained within our offices. And even if the connection would be unstable, doesn't the editor have a timeout for its requests? I would assume if upload fails, it'll just stop sending requests to the Accelerator for a couple of seconds, then minutes, etc.

2. mehran_unity

mehran_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

I'll share your question with our team, but I need some more info here:

1. What is the Unity version you are using?
    2. How often does this problem happens (eg. N out of 10 loads)?
    3. Do you have any guess at what situations this is happening? Or is it just random?
    4. Is there any error in the Accelerator log (normally located at {your-home-directory}/Library/Unity/accelerator/log/)?
    5. Does the same project happen to stuck if you disable cache server?

Also it will be helpful if you can share your Editor and Accelerator logs with us.

Thank you

3. mehran_unity

mehran_unity

Unity Technologies

Also for debugging, please try getting a stack trace when Unity Editor is stuck (using this link) and attach it here.

4. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

mehran_unity likes this.
  5. RageAgainstThePixel

RageAgainstThePixel

I'm also running into this issue

6. BFS-Kyle

BFS-Kyle

In my case, I was able to resolve a similar looking issue by upgrading from 2021.3.2f1 to 2021.3.16f1.

RageAgainstThePixel likes this.