Search Unity

How to create particle scatter effect in 2D?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Eltigris, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Eltigris

Eltigris

Hello,

I am making a game in 2D, and am relatively new to using particle systems, but I can't seem to be able to achieve a scatter effect. I illustrated a basic example of what I am trying to go for, but I am instead getting particles that are scattered nonuniform, which are also not emitting from the center of my shape, which is a circle. I attached an image of that too. If anyone can show me the correct settings I would need to do this, that would be heavily appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Eltigris

Eltigris

3. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

You need to use one of the non-randomised shape module modes. Eg loop or burst spread.

If using burst spread, turn off rate emission in the emission module and add a burst instead.

karl_jones likes this.
  4. Eltigris

Eltigris

Isn't that the way I currently have it though? I have it at burst spread, and in the emission tab I have enabled the burst effect and set the corresponding variables in those fields, and set the other fields like rate of emission to 0

5. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Ah sorry yes you do!

Set radius thickness to 0.
    Right now particles are being spawned randomly along the radius of the circle. You want them always from the edge, for a uniform spread.

Eltigris likes this.
  6. Eltigris

Eltigris

Ah okay, I did that, and decreased the radius size significantly too, and now everything lines up! Thank you so much!

richardkettlewell likes this.