Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

How to create autocomplete search box(like contact list) in unity3d

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by dtoceaneering, Sep 16, 2018.

?

How to create autocomplete search box(like contact list) in unity3d

1. unity

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. script

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dtoceaneering

dtoceaneering

I want to integrate autocomplete search box to list of manual user in my game.Please advice me.

2. GroZZleR

GroZZleR

Have a lost of potential entries. When the user types, after a few letters, filter the list down to options that match. LINQ's "Where" extension would be handy.

Code (csharp):
    2. using System.Linq; // at the top
    4. List<string> autocompleteEntries; // populate it
    6. string input = // get it from the UI textbox
    8. List<string> filteredEntries = autocompleteEntiries.Where(s => s.StartsWith(input)).ToList();
    Now filteredEntries is a list that matches your current input for you to display.

dtoceaneering likes this.
  3. dtoceaneering

dtoceaneering

Thanks for reply,I want to create an application like contact list for Hololnes.I don't how to create it.If you have any plugin or source code then suggest me.