Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio How to create an AudioClip from WAV data in memory?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JoeStrout, Jun 23, 2019.

1. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I'd like to load an AudioClip from data I've extracted into a byte[] from a zip file. But the only way I can find to load WAV data at runtime is UnityWebRequestMultimedia.GetAudioClip, which won't work here since I don't have a URL.

Is there any way to do this, short of looking up the WAV format and decoding it myself?

Thanks,
    - Joe

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

The first idea that comes into my mind is implementing OnAudioFilterRead in a behavior script (docs with example: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.OnAudioFilterRead.html). You just write your bytes into the float array (scale it to -1.0 to 1.0 first) and this should work. Note that this requires an AudioSource component to be present, so you probably need a small sound that is constantly played and overwritten with your audio.

3. Lesha-VH

Lesha-VH

Actually, I also would like to create AudioClip from wav or mp3 memory byte[] array.

This functionality already exists in Unity Engine, DownloadHandlerAudioClip class implements this, but requires UnityWebRequest.

Should be added creation of AudioClip from byte[] array by Unity3D developers)))
    Thanks you!