Search Unity

Question How to create an AR object in a specific location

Discussion in 'AR' started by pym4742, Jul 20, 2022.

1. pym4742

pym4742

Hello I am trying to make an app where the user can see an AR object when user comes to a certain building entrance.

As a result of what I found, it seems that it is possible to use this asset

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/ar-gps-location-134882?locale=ko-KR

But I'm asking because I want to find a more effective way.

And I'm curious about the SDK called Mapbox. Looking at the related documentation, I'm not quite sure what Mapbox does.

From what I understand, Mapbox is what makes a map of the real world a model for Unity.

Maybe Mapbox can implement an ar object according to the user's location I mentioned earlier?

2. mikeyrafier98

mikeyrafier98

After I saw the video introduction of the asset you mentioned, it seems very good for outdoor usage.
    Since you were asking to create AR experience when enter the buildings, which I think it is indoor usage, the GPS, we may already know, that not very good for inside usage.
    As far as I know, there are many applications directed for indoor navigations, either use known SDK or they represent as public research/project.
    I don't think this asset can deliver our expectation for indoor usage, and since it's not free, means we cannot try and error, unles you are willing to.

This is only my idea, but it needs certain hardware involvement inside.
    As user enter certain buildings, by passing the gate, door, or any entrance, some sensor can detect and locate the user phone simultaneously tell to active the AR experience.
    This means, to show the AR virtual object, tell where is the user pose, as well as bring up a virtual map to the app.
    A simple and similar representation, same as you enter a building and there is a office lady giving you a printed map, then show you where you are at that time on the map.
    By this, the app can tell where you are, where you want to go (destination), maybe also calculate the distance, planning the route, etc.

I am not expert, yet I also learning around this area too. Hopefully can help.